Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Buffalo, Inc. (CCCS of Buffalo) maintains the highest standards of quality. Our counselors are NFCC certified credit counselors who have passed six examinations. CCCS of Buffalo is HUD approved to perform reverse mortgage counseling. CCCS of Buffalo is licensed by the New York State Banking Department as a Budget Planner and maintains accreditation through the Council on Accreditation for Family and Children’s services. CCCS of Buffalo receives funding from creditor contributions, grants, special programs and monthly client servicing fees. CCCS of Buffalo does not pay or receive fees or other considerations for the referral of clients to or by CCCS of Buffalo.
For all Bankruptcy Counseling sessions, there is a $50.00 fee per person; fees may be waived for those who meet defined income guidelines and provide us with documented proof of income. CCCS of Buffalo will provide services without regard to a client’s ability to pay and will not withhold a certificate of counseling because of an inability to pay. Online Counseling courses may be paid by Mastercard or Visa.
- I authorize Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Buffalo (CCCS of Buffalo) to counsel and instruct me on credit and money management.
- I have provided the Agency with the information necessary to assess my financial situation in accordance with the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention Consumer Protection Act of 2005.
- I understand the Agency will provide a confidential comprehensive interview on the consequences of bankruptcy, alternatives to bankruptcy, and bankruptcy's impact on my personal life.
- I understand that the decision to implement any suggestions made by CCCS of Buffalo is entirely up to me.
- My Participation in a Pre-File Bankruptcy counseling session through CCCS of Buffalo has no impact on my credit report.
- I have read and understand the privacy statement. I authorize CCCS of Buffalo to release any and all non-public information it obtains about me to my creditors and any third parties necessary to resolve any matters discussed during my counseling session.
- If requested, I authorize CCCS of Buffalo to release a copy of my Bankruptcy Certificate to my attorney and will provide the attorney’s name, address and fax # if needed.
- I further release and authorize all of my creditors to provide non-public information about me to CCCS of Buffalo.
- I agree to hold CCCS of Buffalo, its officers, directors, agents, employees and volunteer harmless from any claim, suit, action or demand of any kind from my creditors, others or myself. Nothing herein shall apply to actions or claims under the provisions of the United States Bankruptcy Code, 11 U.S.C. §101 et seq